Step 1: Create a Report Suite
SiteCatalyst data is stored in customer-specific repositories called report suites. In this section you will create a new report suite for this series of articles and tutorials. If you do not have authenticated access to the Adobe Marketing Cloud, you will need to ask your administrator to set up a report suite for this series and to give you the report suite ID.
An important note about the data and report suite for this series
- In the Marketing Cloud, select
- Select Create
Report Suite in the Report Suite Manager.
- Make sure the first dropdown list is set to Create from a Template and then select Genesis Basic Commerce.
- Locate the Report Suite ID field and set the value to jjesquire. You will see your new report suite ID previewed below the Report Suite ID field. It should include an automatic prefix, which is often the company name.
- Set the Site Title to JJEsquire Getting Started Suite. You will see this title used within the SiteCatalyst UI. You will need the report suite ID in your code.
- Select a
Time Zone from the dropdown.
All data that comes into this report suite will be recorded based on this defined time zone.
- Leave the
Base URL and
Default Page fields empty.
These two values are only used from the Adobe Marketing Cloud interface to link to your web site. The fields are not required.
- Leave the Go Live Date set to today. The Go Live Date determines the day when the report suite is activated.
- In the Estimated Page Views Per Day field, type 100. Use this field to estimate the number of page views you anticipate for your web site per day. This estimate allows Adobe to put in place the appropriate amount of hardware to process the data you will be collecting.
- Select a Base Currency from the dropdown. All currency data that comes into this report suite will be converted and stored in this currency format.
- Click Create Report Suite. You should see the page refresh with a message that your report suite has been successfully created.